Saturday, October 30th, 2010...8:32 pm

A Lot of Things Happening

There have been many instances when I’ve not had the will to do something whatsoever; these are usually short and easily overcome (even though in the past it would become a problem). The thing that I find less overbearing about these times is the fact that I have control over what I can and can’t do, and that the problem lies purely in my ability; however, there are some situations, far worse, that make me– quite literally– lose sleep because of my inability to control them.

I was battling for the past three weeks an occurrence that involved sleep irregularity and insomnia. I would try to fall asleep an entire night, fail, then end up missing class and responsibilities I had planned out for myself to take care of because of it. I had enough and decided to stop by the health center and receive advice.

I’m going to take this opportunity to outline a few things that I like and dislike about the health center. Let me start off by saying it’s an overall great system because it’s completely free to get a checkup as a Ball State student. The one major drawback I’ve run into is the somewhat long lines at times, but I’ve had luck in which I don’t have to wait past twenty minutes for care.

The doctor I saw Friday was very helpful in giving me tips to restoring a regular sleep cycle, and from the few steps I’ve taken to do so, it seems to be helping.

In other news, I’m reconsidering my major. I realized very quickly that while I love physics, I don’t exactly like studying it. I adore my mathematics courses, though, but switching to studying purely mathematics still omits the vast amount of creativity I have to offer. Because of this I’m considering entrepreneurship.

Stay tuned for more: I’m turning 20 in four days, so I expect to write something here about growing up. It might be insightful! We’ll have to wait and see.

2 Comments

• Hi, can anybody respond to me whether the university accepts foreign students? Apologies for questioning here but I just can’t find this info on the webpage. Thank you very much!

• Click Here to go the the International Admissions page. If you have any more questions that the website doesn’t provide, feel free to ask!